In-course admission is only available for undergraduate degree co-op programs. The application process is competitive and is based on grades as well as the amount of available space in the program to which you are applying. Admission to co-op for current University of Guelph students is based on the following criteria:
- first year student registered in a program that offers co-op having completed no more than 3.0 credits* if applying for a program with a Fall application deadline or no more than 6.0 credits* if applying for a program with a Winter application deadline at the time of admission.
- minimum cumulative average of 70% (meeting the minimum cumulative average requirement does not guarantee your admittance to co-op).
- registered full-time each academic semester.
- agree to the schedule of studies for co-op as outlined in the Undergraduate Calendar, or as approved by your Program Counsellor and the Experiential Learning Hub.
*Normally all previously completed courses that count towards the program (core, restricted electives, electives) will be included when determining eligibility.
Continuation requirements for co-op students include:
- Taking a full-time course load each semester (a minimum of 2.0 credits unless you have an approved accommodation plan due to a disability-related reason or an approved accommodation due to medical, psychological, compassionate reasons).
- Following the academic schedule as specified in the Undergraduate Calendar
In the Undergraduate Calendar, the degree program followed by :C (a colon and the letter C) denotes co-op; for example, MEF:C is co-op.
Deadline dates depend on the program of interest. Confirm your application deadline by reviewing the Co-op Application Deadlines.
As listed above, in-course admission is dependent upon academic achievement, space in the program and agreeing to the schedule of studies as outlined in the Undergraduate Calendar. If you are not currently in co-op and would like to apply, please complete the Co-op In-course Admission Application Package.
Students applying during or after their second year will not be considered for co-op. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.
- The co-op admission process for external transfer students can be found here.