Making the transition from graduate studies to employment is an exciting and often time consuming process. Deciding to pursue an academic job search or a career outside academia is one of the major decisions to be made.
Drop-in appointments with professional Career Advisors are available to discuss your career planning and job search needs, along with targeted career resources for graduate students.
- Free professional skills training for Ontario graduate students (blogs and courses on career development, communication, entrepreneurship, research and teaching & learning)
- Collaborative endeavour that brings together key campus services that support academic and professional skill development for UofG graduate students
- Beyond the Professoriate is an annual 2 day online career conference (May) for graduate students and recent PhD’s. The conference focuses on careers outside of academia and how to successfully transition to work beyond the professoriate and successful job search strategies.
- Blog, consulting services and an excellent list of resources for PhD’s (comprehensive list of books, websites, podcasts/webcasts & professional services). Also includes a Q&A section featuring PhD’s that transitioned to careers outside academia.
- Career related articles & blogs for graduate students and PhD’s with an emphasis on careers outside academia
- Career advice on job search topics, careers outside academia, working at community colleges, etc.
- Science, math and engineering career resources
- Humanities and social sciences career resources
timeshighereducation.com/unijobs (previously unijobs.ca)
- Academic and university job search site in Canada & abroad, career advice & event listings for the academic community
- Job postings from post-secondary institutions and organizations across Canada