The U of G WorkAbility Employment Pathways Program is designed to support undergraduate students with disabilities in finding paid summer work experience through designated support and job boards.
Participating students will find accessible employment opportunities and develop valuable transferable skills towards their career aspirations.
Who is it for?
To be eligible for this program, you:
- Identify as having a visible or non-visible disability
- Are not graduating in 2024 and are planning to enroll for Fall 2024 courses
- Are enrolled in any undergraduate degree or major
What to expect:
A WorkAbility Employment Pathways Facilitator (EPF) will support you through the summer job search process and employment experience. You will participate in tailored workshops and one-on-one advising sessions and access employment opportunities through the WorkAbility job board. You will also receive support for requesting workplace accommodations and regularly check in with your WorkAbility Employment Pathways Facilitator during the summer employment for ongoing support.
Mandatory participation required:
- Attend four (4) one-hour job search preparation workshops, in-person or online, between February and March, to learn about:
- Writing resumes and cover letters
- Preparing for interviews
- Setting learning goals
- How/when/if to disclose about your disability
- How to ask for accommodation
- Job search/application support
- Identifying relevant summer opportunities
- Regularly review and apply to posted summer employment opportunities on the WorkAbility Job Board
- Develop learning goals for your summer employment with your employer and WorkAbility Employment Pathways Facilitator
- Attend at least one check-in session (in-person or online) with your WorkAbility Employment Pathways Facilitator halfway through the summer
- Update your resume with your new accomplishments and submit a copy to your WorkAbility Employment Pathways Facilitator at the end of your summer employment experience
How to get started:
Apply to join the WorkAbility Employment Pathways Program within Experience Guelph
Login to your account
Navigate to the WorkAbility tab on the left menu, and then click "Apply" in the upper right corner of the WorkAbility page
For more information, contact: