Engineering Career Night 2021
Date and Time
Career Night provides an opportunity for current engineering students to meet and network with School of Engineering alumni. Students of all years and majors are encouraged to attend!
- Meet a wide variety of successful U of G engineering alumni
- Make professional connections and learn about the job market
- Discover new career paths in the engineering field
- Great opportunity for you to practice your networking skills
- There are no costs associated with attending, and it’s on campus giving you easy access to many engineers with great experiences to share!
Students of all years and majors are encouraged to attend!
Itinerary: The evening will include a brief welcome and 6 concurrent breakout rooms featuring major specific alumni panels and Q&A
Welcome, Alumni Panels and Q&A: 7:00 pm - 8:15 pm
- Biological Panel and Q&A:
Angela Catford, 2006, M.A.Sc, Section Head, Health Risk Assessment, Health Canada
Jennifer Hill, 2017, Intermediate Project Engineer, Danmare
Oliver Markovski, 2006, P.Eng, Founder, President, Alexein Engineering Solutions Inc.
- Biomedical Panel and Q&A:
Andrew Ganton, 2005, Director of Product, CVRx
Anneliis Tosine, 2008, M.A.Sc, EIT, Manager, User Experience Research, Varian Medical Systems
Robert Harrison, 2002, M.A.Sc, Director- R&D, Baylis Medical
- Mechanical Panel and Q&A:
Atli Eyvindson, 2019, EIT, Engineering Support, Geotab
Daniela Fera, 2014, P.Eng, Mechanical Engineer - Renewable Power Group, Hatch Ltd.
Melissa Love, 2015, P.Eng, Mechanical Engineer, FVB Energy Inc.
Scott Dunbar, 2016, Mechanical Engineer, GHD
- Systems and Computing and Computer Panel and Q&A:
Betty Zhao, 2018
Lynn Dony, 2016, 2012, M.A.Sc, Software Developer, General Motors of Canada
- Water and Environmental Panel and Q&A:
Aimee Smith, 1998, Technical Director, RWDI
Colleen O'Toole, 2008, P.Eng, Project Manager, Kerr Wood Leidal Associates Limited
Mark Bassingthwaite, 2002, President, Resilient Consulting Corporation
Rohan Hakimi, 2013, 2010, Engineering Specialist, Credit Valley Conservation
- Alternative Career Path Panel and Q&A:
Alex Alguire, 2014, Senior Manager, Strategic Marketing, Alex Alguire
Nana Obeng, 1999, P.Eng, MBA, Director of Operations, Inkbox
Robert Woon, 2010, B.Eng, JD, Solicitor, The Regional Municipality of Durham