It is the employer's responsibility to:
- Comply with all relevant federal and provincial legislation. Refer to Employment Standards Legislation of Canada.
Please Note: CECS reserves the right to decline job postings or recruitment services. Rationale may include: incomplete information, start-up costs, guaranteed vs potential salaries, illegal compensation structures, human rights or safety concerns, student complaints, franchise (self-employment) opportunities and overdue accounts.
- When arranging recruitment sessions, we recommend 3 weeks advance notice.
- Recruitment sessions can be scheduled between 9:00am and 9:00pm.
- Employers are required to post a job through CECS in order to schedule an recruitment session.
- Job postings must be submitted to CECS website, and should be specific to current recruiting needs and include the following:
- Job descriptions with detailed qualifications
- Location of position
- Number of positions available specific to Recruit Guelph
- Application instructions
- Contact information
- Application deadline and expected start date
- If an application deadline is not specified, the job description will be posted for 30 days.
- If employer requires a longer posting date during the current semester, the deadline can be extended upon request.
- Once the interview date and candidates have been selected, contact CECS to reserve interview room space (CECS books interview room space on a first-come, first-served basis).
- On campus, telephone or webcam interviews are encouraged, as the majority of students live and study in Guelph and may or may not have access to transportation and/or time to travel off campus during an academic semester.
- Interviews are scheduled a minimum of 2 days in advance on our website.
- To cancel interview arrangements, a minimum of 3 days is recommended (where possible).
- Following the interview, employers are advised to respond to all candidates within agreed-upon time frames.
- During the interview, employers are encouraged to provide accurate information concerning job responsibilities, any compensation or benefits provided and contact information.
- Employers are also encouraged to interview for positions with starting dates within the next 12 months.
- In the event of inclement weather, employers and students are advised to check the University of Guelph website regarding potential closure (announcement usually posted by 6:30am). If the university is closed, interviews that day will be cancelled. CECS will contact you to reschedule the interviews as soon as possible.
- Confirm job offers and terms of employment
- Please make certain that selected candidates are made fully aware of their legal obligations in signing contracts or confidentiality agreements to ensure informed consent. Give a minimum of 48 hours for candidates to review a contract.
- Keep communication link open
- Keep CECS up-to-date of the status of your recruitment campaign
- Honour all offers of employment
Job Offers Specific to Recruit Guelph:
- Provide a reasonable amount of time for students to respond to job offers. It should not be expected that students respond the same day of offer.
Job Offers Specific to Co-op:
- Offers should be submitted through the website.
- All offers must include the student salary. Competitive wages are recommended in accordance with the student's work level.