Employer Recruitment Sessions
Employer Recruitment Sessions are a strategic way to showcase your organization, promote your career opportunities to a targeted student audience, and meet with our enthusiastic and talented students.
Why host an Employer Recruitment Session:
- Meet face-to-face with talented candidates
- Raise your profile and brand on campus by connecting with students from a specific program or degree area
- Promote upcoming and current new graduate, full-time, and co-op employment opportunities
Registration for an Employer Recruitment Session includes:
- Free online job postings on Experience Guelph:
- Posting on Experience Guelph ensures that students understand what roles you are hiring for and can increase engagement at the session. We highly recommend that you have a position posted at the time of your session.
- Logistical planning for your session provided by the Events Coordinator including room bookings, AV equipment, event registration, and management.
- On-site Event Host to provide set-up and tear-down support at your session.
- Promotion through a variety of different channels including social media, direct email marketing to student clubs, program counselling offices, and other campus partners, departmental e-news letters and print media.
- Use of AV equipment including laptops, projectors, and speakers.
- WIFI access while on campus.
- Employer Recruitment Sessions are free to host.
- Additional Services: There may be costs associated with an Employer Recruitment Session, which can include catering, use of some on-campus venues other than a classroom, some AV requests.
- Catering: Employers wishing to provide refreshments during their session must use the University’s on-campus Hospitality Services. Click here for more information.
Employer Recruitment Session Dates:
- Fall 2019: Monday, September 16th - Friday, November 29th, 2019
- Winter 2020: Monday January 13th - Friday, April 3rd, 2020
Note: There are peak times during each semester when students will be very busy with assignments, projects, and midterms. We will work with you to select a date.
Session Length and Timing:
Employer Recruitment Sessions are typically booked for 1 ½ hours from 5:30pm-7:00pm. This timing has historically worked best for students as there are very few classes booked during this time.
If you require more information about hosting an Employer Recruitment Session please contact: